For my career, I want to do something with science; either physics, possibly engineering of some sort. I’m not entirely sure yet. Writing may not seem like it is necessary in this department, but it is quite crucial. If I was to come across some sort of breakthrough, I couldn’t just blurt out what I discovered and expect people to believe what just happened. If I wanted to be taken seriously, I would have to write to scholars of the scientific community. If my engineering career has a focus on alternative energy, and I find a new and improved way to power an automobile, and I had my idea patented, I’d have to write and explain to an automobile company to get money for my idea.
Another thing I want to do eventually is open a restaurant. In order to get publicity, I’d have to advertise. I could just send out flyers with pictures, but I think a letter to the community would be nice as well. Just a little bit about the restaurant and the owner/s. This gives people in the community a little insight. I think that people enjoy hearing about business owners in the area.
Writing is crucial in every career, whether it is a simple memo, or a business proposal. If a person’s writing isn’t up to par, then he or she could lose some opportunities. I have a lot to work on in order to become a good writer. There’s so much to do that specifics would be unreasonable. All I know is that my writing needs to advance into a higher stage in order to be successful in almost any field. With time these capabilities will come, but the key to getting there is perseverance and patience.
No comments:
Post a Comment